What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AO 2.5Rt vs OAB 2.5

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Can anyone provide me with info onthe OAB 2.5? Also how much of a difference in operation it there between the AO 2.5RT and the OAB 2.5? I have a lot of data on the AO 2.5RT, have seen pics that are close to it but not exactly and now I am finding limited data on a Soviet sub the OAB 2.5. It appears to function the same, the big difference I see is it is longer then the Ao 2.5Rt and has a white plastic band holding the two frag sections together. Any help would be great

I'm also trying to find info on the Soviet 3-O-13, 3-O-23, 3-O-33 artillery submunitions. have been able to gather some resonable good info but the question of what the 3-O-33 looks like (suppose to be similar to the Isreali HEDPs) and the 3-O-23 which is suppose to look like the Czeck HEDP is confusing

thanks

AOB-2,5 is probably not the product serial differences are likely not significant, and between AO-2,5RT and AO-2,5RTM

By all info I have found it functions prpetty much the same as the AO 2.5RT, but is longer and the 2 sections are held in place by a plastic band. I have a couple photos/drawing of it but have yet to find any other listing of it. Agree it maybe between the 2 AO2.5's but just would like, to confirm it.

here a re 2 pics to compare, the Ao 2,5Rt is only a few mm's shorter and in diameter to the OAB 2.5, the AO 2.5Rt as I read breaks in half on impact and then each half bounds before detoanting, the OAB 2.5 also breaks aprt but not sure if it bounds before detoantion. Both are carried int he RBK 500. The big difference is obvious the whie plastic band on the OAB.A0-2.5RT.jpgAOB2.5RT.JPG

So, this AO2.5RT BOUNDS after it hits the ground? Holy cripes! Can they make it any more "offensive" than that? How does it do it? Spring loaded or a charge or what? War is gettin' hellier.