What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

122mm Rockets CEP

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Does anyone know the CEP for 122mm rockets?
Is it applicable to this calibre?

Cheers

Pete

The term CEP stands for Circular Error Probability.

It's the diameter of the circle around the target where falls at least 50% of the projectiles (or rockets) fired against it.

Regards
stecol

Last edited:
The term CEP stands for Circular Error Probability.

It's the diameter of the circle around the target where falls at least 50% of the projectiles (or rockets) fired against it.

Regards
stecol

You are close, but I think it is actually the radius. That way you get an actual distance that 50% should hit within.

Did I write diameter ?:tinysmile_angry2_t:
What a sucker !!:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Thank You US-Subs:tinysmile_twink_t2:
stecol

Thanks for all the technical discussion, but does anyone actually know? ;-)

Cheers

Pete

With the great variety of using countries, manufacturers, models, launchers I doubt if you can get a realistic answer. It would potentially be different for each warhead within a given country's single systems, the Iraqis had what, over a dozen different warheads just in their CW program? Kind of like saying what is the accuracy of a pistol? Which pistol, which ammo, etc. You could probably get a CEP for a specific launcher using a specific motor and warhead, but beyond that...?