What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown fuze

If it is a 4.5 inch star shell then by my information it would be fuzed No. 206, or 207 or 215. If 4.7 inch then fuzed No. 207. I suggest you use the search facility for each of the fuzes and also for star shell to see if any are a good likeness.

Thanks.

I know these fuzes (except 215-never seen) but they are differents.

Sorry "Collector", even with a lot of imagination it's not a fuze for 7.62cm LsprM.

Best Regards.

Looks much like a british mechanical time fuze like No.203, 206, 207. May be a naval version of such a fuze, the scale looks different?

Last edited:
Hi Minenaz16,
if you have the book of JP Luciani, "Les fuses mcaniques GB", have a look on the picture of the No 206 !

Yoda

Hello guys,

Does nobody saw the fuze shown is graduated to 22 ?!

Yoda, I know the No206 Mk1 (diagram shown above), the unknown fuze seems to be different.

Several fuzes between no200 and no220 are missing in my documentation, so maybe one of these.

Regards

Last edited:
When you look on the picture of the book of JP, you'll see that it is the same.
The only missing thing on your unknown fuze is the middel ring with square notches.

Yoda

Hello Yoda,

Thanks for your help but If the general shape is like a No206 the time ring is very different.

Rergards

DSC07590.jpg

Hello,

Could it be the fuze time No 31 Mk III l (converted fuze T&P No 80, as found on the 2 inch trench mortar WW 1. TB No 31 Mk III (03).jpg

Hans

Last edited:
Look at the graduated ring with the groove for wrench ! and the general shape is very different

Sorry to interrupt this thread without an answer but:
As I was going thru my docs on british fuzes, wich is unfortunately an easy job, I did not see the use of 00 as a starting point. It was only a single 0.
I do not think this fuze is a powder train fuze, there seems to be rest of a ring just above the "scale ring". Could the housing of the mech time fuze mushroom on impact like this?
The closest thing I could find were the No 206 and 211, but even these are different as seen above in this thread.

How does the No 215 look like? Someone must have a pic or description :)

Bob

Attachments

• fuze list.jpg
    fuze list.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hello Bob,
I agree and I'm looking for a picture or diagram of a No 215 !?

Regards

The 215 was essentially a 207, but with a maximum running time of 80 seconds.

TimG