What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70mm Rocket projectile

Thanks to everyone's help in identifying some discovered T-231 parts back in 2012 the responding EOD unit was able to identify the T-231 found on 23 My 2015 in the Manassas National Battlefield Park in Virgina. A "WELL DONE" to the members of BOCN!

Thanks to everyone's help in identifying some discovered T-231 parts back in 2012 the responding EOD unit was able to identify the T-231 found on 23 My 2015 in the Manassas National Battlefield Park in Virgina. A "WELL DONE" to the members of BOCN!

Thank you very much for acknowledging the BOCN members who helped
Its much appreciated when they get feedback after helping people

Allan

Note that predecessors, various complete rounds and major assemblies were assigned nomenclatures including T131, T231, T262, T263, T264, T212, T253 and possibly others. I'm still trying to figure out what's what. It is all explained in these papers from US National Archives, about 1% of the papers there on this program. The first few pages provide a good overview of program purpose and history.

https://springfieldarsenal.wordpres...0mm-t262-practice-263-and-proof-t264-1950-56/

Last edited: