What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

155mm Practice Flash

ammocat

Ordnance approved
I recently came across a 155mm shell which turned out to be a Practice Flash where the impact indicator had failed to function. A procedure was conducted to confirm the identification and render the shell safe for removal. The corroded base made us suspect it was a Practice Flash rather than a Practice Inert shell. Some blue colour code was visiable on the shell.

The Plug Representing Fuze had a hole through it. This is a feature I have never seen before and cannot find any information on. Does anyone know why this hole is in the PRF?

I have line drawings and some technical information on this shell. Does anyone have any photos of an unfired Practice Flash shell or of a sectionalized shell showing the impact indicator?

155mm Practice Flash_base.jpg155mm Practice Flash PRF.jpg155mm Practice Flash_1.jpg155mm Practice Flash_post RSP1.jpg

This is all i have in photographs

Attachments

• 155 Prac Flash.jpg
    155 Prac Flash.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 155 Prac Flash-sect.jpg
    155 Prac Flash-sect.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 47