What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun & Weapon Photo

siegfreid

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Just found this picture of part of the collection I had , probably late 80's . Funny thing was , I never really collected weapons only inert ordnance . Wish I had them all today ...

Picture.jpg

Were the rifles and pistols live or de-acs?

Did you have to get rid of them after the 1988 act?

Thanks for showing that Mike, thats quite a haul indeed. I wanted to get hold of a SLR deact as it was one of those rifles, some happy memories of shooting those with cases bouncing off my forehead, the problem with being a left hander.
Best Weasel.

Thanks guys . The SLR is actually a FAL but same thing basically . The 1919 BMG 30 cal & the Boyes were 2 of the first I ever got back in the 70's in a deal for a BMW . They were both legalised by being bored out & chambered for a shotgun calibre & still worked [I had a licence then] . I had to have them properly deactivated after the rules were changed but had them done very sympathetically . I can remember buying the PIAT along with 3 others for 200 each . I hate to think what they would be worth today as they were absolutely mint & complete . Most of the rifles were less than 100 each in those days & were all early deacts with only minor cuts etc.I sold all of them in the late 90's because of the hassle they caused with certain authorities....