What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PMRS landmine

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Does anyone know anything or have pictures of a Yugoslvian Mine called the PMRS? I have never heard of it, and I am trying to get as much infomration as possible on the mine. I know its a stake mine, but thats it.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,
when I use google to find PMRS mines, I come on a Indonesian report of destruction summary of several models of mines.
I see there that they have destroy different models of Ex-Yug APers mines (PMA, PMR,...).
Knowing that it's coming from Indonesia, should it not be possible that the S of PMRS is the plural mark of PMR and is write 956 (Example) PMRs ?

Yoda

In ORDATA, it's attributed on Bosnia-Herzegovina. It's possible that the PMRS denomination is the ByH denomination of the PMR-2AS (Ex-Yug mine).
Denomination should ca be changing with another manufacturor, in "another" country.

AL'SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD ! If you hear us !

Yoda

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything or have pictures of a Yugoslvian Mine called the PMRS? I have never heard of it, and I am trying to get as much infomration as possible on the mine. I know its a stake mine, but thats it.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe,
PMRS it`s old version of PMR-2AS
smile.png

And from the manual.
PMRS_1.jpgPMRS_2.jpgPMRS_3.jpgPMRS_4.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

Ivaskhin´s answer is correct, see the copy of Yugo Manual and Fotos below:

PMRS is an older Version of the PMR-2AS. Both mine-bodies are same but do have different fuzes.
The fuze on the PMRS has a much bigger Diameter and so also much bigger threads (Fotos),

UPMRS-1-Fuze Foto_1.jpgUPMRS-1-Fuze Foto_2.jpg

so that the (mostly plastic) Adapter on top of the fragmentation-Body of the mine is used only
to fit the PMR-2A and PMR-2AS-Fuze (or other M10 x1 mm Thread-Fuzes). On PMRS the fuze
is directly screwed into the fragmentation steel-body.

The Fuze of the PMRS has also double-functionality means that when the trip-wire is pulled,
the fuze fires one striker into a flare on top of the fuze and a second striker into the fuzepart
for the mine - both functionalities will trip at the same time.

PMRS-Mine was also available as factory-Cutaway in the Yugo-Army, but rare to find.

Best regards,

Zorro