What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help to ID 37 mm (think belgian)

joery

hi all,
I have a new 37 mm (wikkel shell) in the collection
i think is belgian,but I'm not sure
the only marks are:lot 192 1891-2 (see pictures)
grtz joery

DSC_0593.JPGDSC_0594.JPGDSC_0595.JPGDSC_0580.JPGDSC_0596.JPGDSC_0597.JPG

The case is Hotchkiss French). The projectile I am not sure about, but I think it is not original to the case. Will check some more to see if I can ID it.

the case is Hotchkiss( French), I think the projectile is not original to the case. I will check some more to see if I can ID it.

With highlandotter on the case (I do not think the Belgians made 37mm QF rounds?).
Surprised theres no markings on the projectile (have you checked the drive band?).
Very nice item -even if projectile is wrong!

thanks for help.
I once saw the same case and that was a belgian,this one was signed "EP".
it was therefore that I doubted.
the projectile has no marks,hope to know also what it is.
grtz joery

The case is a standard Hotchkiss though of late manufacture, the projectile is odd, has the British 1 pr type of band with a slight difference and it is a solid shot which is unusual, maybe a proof shot ? They don't belong together but I can't say what the Shot goes with - a few countries could be to blame for it but with no marks it's a tough call.
The case would take any standard common French Hotchkiss projectile.

Last edited: