What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reproduction German Incendiary Bomb

Dugup

Ordnance approved
Jay from www.dugup.co.uk here

I would like to tell you all about the reproduction German Incendiary bomb we have made in cutaway format.

As with all of our replicas we have made subtle changes in order to distinguish them from an original.

The first and obvious difference is the fact that the body has been made purely from aluminium instead of the volatile Elektron (92% Magnesium + 5% aluminiun + 3% zinc) that the originals were made from.

This makes the item a lot heavier than an original, even with the fin off.

The second change we have made is to the screw under the tail fin where an addtional gaine is sometimes fitted.

It is not actually a screw but just a slot milled into the top with a line scored around it with the lathe for effect.

The circular split collar ring inside has been drilled in a strieght line where as the origal the hols run at an angle.

We have not put any markings onto the item any where.

The fins are thicker than the originals and have been powder coated in green which makes them very easy to tell them from an original painted one.

It would be very differcult for the faker to change this item in a way to decieve any one and even the inexperianced will be able to spot this as a reproduction.

As they are not made of Elektron and have never contained any explosive, plus the fact they are cut aways- makes this item ideal for shipping to Countries that have tougher laws than the UK with regards to these. They will not set off any explosive sniffer devices or dogs, to which I am sure Vancouver airport will be pleased of, as they had to shut the place down a few years ago when a clients order of an empty relic mills grenades put them on full alert!

However some Countries still would not allow replica or cutaways so please check your own laws before having anything like this shipped.

As soon as I can work out how to add pictures to these posts I will, meantime you can see the replica incendiary on the warehouse 13 pages of our website www.dugup.co.uk

I will add more posts about the other items we make inc inert dummy fuzes etc as soon as I can find some more time.

Regards

Jay Howe
www.dugup.co.uk

Jay, thankyou for a very detailed description of the incendiary. I have seen this one on your site and it looks very realistic.

One thing I would like to say is 'thankyou' for taking the trouble to make these replica items slightly different from the original items. Unfortunately there are a few people out there who will try to pass off replica items as originals and making this more difficult can only benefit the true collector. The discussion is occasionally brought up here on bocn about replica items and opinions etc.

Personally I dont see why anyone buying a replica item needs to have it marked up with wartime dates, manufacturers etc, a replica is a replica. Its good to see you dont do this.

Well done on producing realistic, yet recognisable replicas

wish you all the best
Kev