What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian TC/6 anti tank mine

pzgr40

Premium Member
Who can help me on a good and reliable cutaway drawing of an Italian TC/6 anti tank mine.
Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH

Last edited:
Hallo,
the above pictured mine, I think, is not the TC6. I have never seen a cut of the fuze of this mine. Sorry. As far as I know there are 3 different ones possible. Attached are 2, about 30 years old fotos of a TC 6, which I believe is of Egyptian manufacture. There is an interesting story connected with this : For more than 200 years arms and ammunition for Afghanistan are supplied from western factories by the same route as today. They are landed by ship in Karachi and go from there by truck. During the Afghan war of independence from russian occupation, the CIA organised unbelievably huge shipments. The trucks first went to a military complex in Rawalpindi, where the products were transfered to civilian trucks. These trucks drove to the tribal eareas near the border, where they were unloaded and the products transfered to donkeys and camels, to be carried across the border. On foot this is a few days long perilious journey across the mountains, with overnight stays in the wild. A donkey may, I assume, only carry 3 wooden cases with TC 6'es. The caravan that carried the pictured mine, was given a nights accomodation by a local householder. As a small Thanks the Mujahedeen gave the householder some crates of TC6'es, as these were very heavy and had no monetary value in Afghanistan and with the rocky ground, it was extremely difficult to lay and camouflage them.Italian TC 6.jpg Also the tribesmen did not find any use for these mines. They experimented with using them for blasting rocks, but the mines had a much too large diameter to be used for this (even the most modern hydraulic rock drills don't use this large Dia., by hand this is work for slaves only). I have no idea what happened with these mines. May be they are still there today.

Last edited:
Hello,
The above pictured mine is the TC6. The cutaway doesn't cut the two air intakes of the dashpot system.

Hallo Mogway,
my impression may be wrong. Do you have a more clear and detailed photo or drawing of the fuze section pressure plate ?
regards,
Bellifortis.

Hello guy,
I have this picture of a fuze, and hope it is for TC6 or TC3,6 (both should use the same fuze). I guess that instead of detonator there is transport plug.
Can anybody explain to me purpose of two diphragms on the bottom of the upper half of the mine? I cant see any reason for them.
Regards
bukiFD - 64 espoleta.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guy,
I have this picture of a fuze, and hope it is for TC6 or TC3,6 (both should use the same fuze). I guess that instead of detonator there is transport plug.
Can anybody explain to me purpose of two diphragms on the bottom of the upper half of the mine? I cant see any reason for them.
Regards
bukiView attachment 78451
Thanks for the drawing. From the info I have about the fuze this fits it. The 2 diaphragms in the underside of the topplate are airbleeding valves, which make the mine safe against explosive waves, which will not set it off and make it safe against the normal mine clearing charges. And yes, you are right, the mines are fitted with an inert transport plug which has the same outer shape as the fuze, only the colours of the plastic are different.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
landmine TCE/6 is electronic version of TC/6. I have found the electronic is only used to arm/disarm the mine, is it true or the electronic provides more functions than only arming. Doesn´t TCE/6 use influence fuze?

On the picture there is TC/6 fuze from above and is visible that there are no holes so I don´t undrstand how air bleeding valves could work when there is no hole through. The only hole is the small one just in the fuze.

Thanks a lot

buki

Attachments

• Fotografie-0028c.jpg
    Fotografie-0028c.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: