What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BLU-4 on GB

Rare? Yes, not as much as some things, but there are not a lot around. Valuable? Not particularly. Give the guy six months then try to sell it for what he paid for it and see how valuable it is. Same old story, two idiots with deep pockets fight over something, now half the internet will think that their range trash is plated in gold.

There are a couple dozen people right now looking for US submunitions, particularly Vietnam era stuff. They have decided to buy what they want and are offering stupid money - I've had a number of e-mails, several saying for me to "name my price" for a couple of specific pieces. Most know nothing about the munition, not the history or the variations, nor do most of them have any interest in the documentation. That isn't collecting, that is buying a collection.

Thanks for the GREAT answer Jeff. Thats the difference between collectors and buyers. The "buyers" just make it harder for everyone else.

Thanks for the GREAT answer Jeff. Thats the difference between collectors and buyers. The "buyers" just make it harder for everyone else.

The same situation and here, in ex-USSR. Some sellers think they have shit made of gold! Because some stupid castomers bought something simillar with huge price. because customer was stupid and seller was very greedy.
Sometimes really funny looking on some proposition and luaughing about them :D

I have also had a couple of people, who I didn't know, that contacted me here on BOCN offering huge money for a couple of items.

I see insane prices on ordnance items every time I go to a gunshow where there is any ordnance. One guy may have a legitimately valuable piece or two, priced accordingly, and all the other retards all overprice their range trash that they know nothing about, because they got the items in a box with a lot of other stuff. Or, they bought it at an outrageous price, and want to resell it for what they have into it.