What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bl-755

pzgr40

Premium Member
Who can help me on a cutaway drawing of a BL755 clusterbomb submunition. I need to know the build up of the explosive charge in the main body, f.i. is there a booster charge below the detonator of the fuze? What type of explosives colour -yellow, grey or another colour-. Is a waveshaper used? Preferably drawings of the old (stabilazation springs) and the new (parachute) type. This to finaly finnish a couple of cutaway models that have been in my collection for over ten years , but were never finished. Thanks in advance, regards, DJH

I found one picture , showing a loose cilinder shaped block of explosive below the fuze on the internet, no waveshaper. Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 2705_247008359_ss211.jpg
    2705_247008359_ss211.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 97
Thank you very much. Do you have the same type of picture for the later Mk2 (parachute ) version. It has a sharper copper cone , and I do not know if it has any other modifications. I suppose the explosives colour shoud be gray? Thanks in advance, regards, DJH

Last edited:
Hi pzgr40

I don't have an illustration of the complete No. 2 Bomblet, but I do know that it did have a wave former. Here is a photo of one, also a photo of an inert Bomblet No. 1 in case you don't know what the markings looked like. This one says 'PRAC BMLT 1/1 INERT'; the later model would say '2/1'.

Regards

eodda

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi EODDA, thank you. Could you do me a favour and make a drawing with measurements of the wave former? Thanks in advance, regards, DJH

Hi pzgr40

Here it is! I hope that you can read it! The dimensions are +/- 1mm.

Regards

eodda

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 59
Hello, DJH,
Dear DJH,

Regarding your request for information concerning the BL 755 sub-munitions,there is a report on the Duplex Detonator on the Internet,complete with dwg . The manual notes that the S-M with a finlet is interchangeable with a normal unit, and behaves in exactly the same way. I have a strong feeling that they were part of a batch for another project, which wasn't ordered. This might have been the Field Artillery Rocket System, developed jointly by RARDE and Huntings. I have sent you an P.M with further information.
Martin.