What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.30 Carbine LE Hollow Point

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
Just got this .30 Carbine round. The seller touted it as a Law Enforcement Round but I want to see what the board has for info. Bullet weight is 110.2gr on both of the rounds I pulled and the powder weight is 13.7gr for one and 13.55gr for the other. Powder looks to be IMR4227, so that would be consistent with what this round should have and since it is Remington, would seem to be also consistent for the manufacture. These don't look to be re-loads and the OAL is pretty much 1.675'-1.677" on the ten rounds that I measured. Posting here since it is MUCH easier to do pictures than other sites. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. Cheers, Bruce.

Attachments

• IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 45
Would think if it were for law enforcement it must be old. I haven't seen a .30 cal carbine (except in private hands) since Vietnam