What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Series of soviet A/P mines PMD

Ivashkin

Premium Member
Like my previos topic about old Soviet mines I want to start topic about this incredibly popular serie of A/P mines - PDM!
About this mines I want ask people from other countries, who has manuals about Soviet mines. Please, add here pictures from your books about soviet A/P mines PMD. It will be very interesting.
Were a lot of variants of this mine.
I have infromation and photos for next version:
- PMD-6 with wooden body with 200 g of explosive
- PMD-6 with slate body with 200 g of explosve
- PMD-6 with metall body with charge around 200 g (different variants)
- PMD-6F with wooden body and with glass bottle for explosive (not liquid explosive!)
- PMD-7 with wooden body and with 75 g of explosive
- PMD-7c with wooden body and with 75 g of explosive
Some resources talks and about mine PMD-57, which has 400 g of explosive. I can belive in this mine, but I don`t have any russian speaking document about existing this mine. If somebody has old book with description of this mine on any language - I`ll be veeery happy to see picture from this book. Please, don`t give links on Internet resources about this mine and on modern book.

If somybody want, I`ll add pictures and photos of mines from my list.

Finnish manual of enemy mines from 1943 also describes a PMD 6 style mine having a 50mm mortar shell as charge ( I think I have posted a picture here earlier but can send it again later on.
Further there is one made of solid wood block with 75 grams charge. The manual gives no type designation for these.

Finnish manual of enemy mines from 1943 also describes a PMD 6 style mine having a 50mm mortar shell as charge ( I think I have posted a picture here earlier but can send it again later on.
Further there is one made of solid wood block with 75 grams charge. The manual gives no type designation for these.

About mine having a 50mm mortar shell I know :) I have photos and german PMD-6 with 82 mortar shell :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

By the way, Peter, you were talking about this finnish manual with interesting soviet mines. Put pictures, about which you told in previous topic. it will be very interesting :tinysmile_grin_t:

Yes, The manual is on my desk waiting. I have chech each device shown in the book and compare with your list if they appear in both. As both lists are pretty long I haven't yet found the inspiration to start, but will do it. I won't place the manual back in my bookshelf before it's done.

And pictures.
- PMD-6 with wooden body with 200 g of explosive
PMD-6, -7 and -7c.jpg
- PMD-6 with slate body with 200 g of explosve
- PMD-6 with metall body with charge around 200 g (different variants)
IMG_8440.jpgIMG_8439.jpg
- PMD-6F with wooden body and with glass bottle for explosive (not liquid explosive!)
IMG_8442.jpgIMG_8441.jpg
- PMD-7 with wooden body and with 75 g of explosive (look first picture)
- PMD-7c with wooden body and with 75 g of explosive (look first picture).

And some more interesting Finnish pictures. It`s PMD-6 with fuze UV.
89.jpg98.jpg99.jpg

And german big PMD. Photo not mine, mines found in Russia.
IMGP0096.JPGDSCN0822.jpgDSCN0824.jpgDSCN0914.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting way the mortar round is improvised in the box, good topic keep it going.

what was the explosive filler for the 6F? I read where TNT was used but if not it was AN and fuel oil. But would the detonator from the MUV fuze be strong enough to detonate the AN/fuel oil

what was the explosive filler for the 6F? I read where TNT was used but if not it was AN and fuel oil. But would the detonator from the MUV fuze be strong enough to detonate the AN/fuel oil

It`s good question. Manuals doesn`t talk anything about such problem and but any buster to glass body a bit difficult. Detonator No8 strong enough and some AN explosives could be detonate by this cap.
Manual of 1943 year talks about dynamon on TNT in powder. Nothig about buster.

Last edited: