What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syrian Rebels with improvised rocket.

Falcon

I saw this photo online earlier.

It shows Syrian rebels setting the trajectory of an improvised rocket using an adjistable angled spirit level.

article-2326946-19DE1D35000005DC-115_634x355.jpg

I have a number of similar pictures, been doing a bit of work on improvised Syrian rockets recently. Will post them when i get home later.

Pete

Here's some more. I may have pulled some of these off the web. Interesting all the same.

Note the smart phone being used as an electronic compass in picture 7 and the IEDs in picture 15!!!!

Cheers

Pete

A Free Syrian Army fighter assembles homemade missiles at a workshop in north Aleppo.jpgA member of the Free Syrian Army lies down on a bed next to weapons inside a house in Aleppo.jpgA man works on an improvised mortar shell for the Free Syrian Army inside a factory which previo.jpgA man brings together hand-made missiles in a secret rebel factory in Al-Bab.jpgA young man works on the production of hand made missiles in a secret factory in Al-Bab.jpgFree Syrian Army fighters prepare a homemade missile before they launch it towards the military .jpgFree Syrian Army fighters use the electronic compass of a smartphone.jpgMembers of the Free Syrian Army use a catapult to launch a homemade bomb.jpgRebel arms maker Abu al-Fadhel shows off a row of homemade weapons including a hand-grenade.jpgSyrian brothers who used to be musicians make homemade explosives for the Free Syrian Army.jpgSyrian rebel fighters stand around a cache of homemade missiles in Aleppo.jpgSyrian rebels adjust a homemade mortar launcher in the northern city of Aleppo.jpgSyrian rebels launch a missile near the Abu Baker brigade in Albab Syria.jpgSyrian rebels prepare missiles for launch near the Abu Baker brigade in Albab.jpgA bomb maker.jpg

Last edited:
The big rocket with the concentric ring around the front in photo 9 is curious. Does anyone know the theory behind this, or is it just to sabot the rocket in a tube launcher?

I thought it was part of the rocket at first but I can see it now as well. It's a reinforcement of the launcher that is made to clear of the rocket fins.

It would be interesting to see some videos of these actually firing. I wonder how stable they acually are in flight. I can see some of them tumbling and shooting off in wild directions.

I have some video of exactly this happening, not sure if i can post it yet, but will have a look.

Cheers

Pete

Have you seen the video of them taking dud PTAB 2M bomblets, removing the fins and fuze, putting on a PD fuze then threading the bomblet into a rocket mortar boby? looks pretty interesting and it doesn't fly all over the place just a nice fast gentle arc

Some of those rockets look remarkably like the stuff that gets fired into Israel from Palestine....(Qassam rockets, I think)

Last edited: