What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37 x 300R Schneider M1930?

Tony Williams

At the beginning of WW2 the French Army had in service a small number of 37 mm Schneider M1930 automatic AA guns, which were apparently allocated to the defence of Paris. The ammo fired a 750 g shell at 800 m/s, and the gun used an 8-round strip feed and fired at 175 rpm.

I have a note in my files that someone, years ago, posted on a forum that he had a case for this ammo and that it was rimmed and 300 mm long. Can anyone confirm this and tell me the rim and base diameters? An illustration of the round would be even better!

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Charley, at least I know I'm on the right track!

I've never seen anything published about this ammunition, only some brief details of the gun.

Possibly based on older cases.........37x307R x64.5 Armstrong (used by Norway) was shortened to 37x302R x64.2 which was used in Armstrong, (+Hotchkiss, Nordenfelt ?) as a naval gun by Norway, France, UK. This info from Vols 1 and 2 of Robert Mellichamp's 37mm work. Have a feeling (can't remember why) that the 37x300R Schneider was a further development................