What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Hello US-Subs!
Question: For what purpose the US-Bombenfuze was changed? What is his exact name? Thank you

Attachments

• ICE-JV-151-2.JPG
    ICE-JV-151-2.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
By the marking the designation is T65E2. It looks like a tail impact fuze variation for the WWII style U.S. bombs, possibly for some of the parafrag assemblies.

Last edited:
Normally for the US it would indicate that no explosive was attached. There are exceptions however, where it looks like contractor error. Back before WWII it seems to happen more often, it appears to not have been a big deal. I've seen the same thing in the pre-WWII pubs with no explanation.

Hello,

Many thanks, first and second picture, a very very nice (and very rare !) French Bomb Tail Fuze called "Type O" with allways action (Era WW2).
(Picture 17, French bomb nose fuze Type H)

Regards

Pictures #8 & #9 appear to be one of the Hughes (U.S.) lockless/caseless larger caliber (dummy or mockup?) rounds. Probably dating from the very late 1960s or early 1970s. The Hughes company experimented with a number of calibers ranging from 5.56mm to 40mm.

The pictured cartridge could be 20mm, 27mm, 30mm or ???

Another great set of pictures!

Brian

Last edited:
The ogive on the Lockless round is very characteristic of the 40mm Bofors projectile. They lso made the Lockless in 25mm.

Pictures #8 & #9 appear to be one of the Hughes (U.S.) lockless/caseless larger caliber (dummy or mockup?) rounds. Probably dating from the very late 1960s or early 1970s. The Hughes company experimented with a number of calibers ranging from 5.56mm to 40mm.

The pictured cartridge could be 20mm, 27mm, 30mm or ???

Another great set of pictures!

Brian

When known, I try to put the size on the photo designation. Let your cursor rest on the photo before clicking it, you will see that it is identified as a Hughes Lockless 40mm, as marked.

Some nice 20mm there. I would think unusual for the API proj. core to be the same as the API-T core?.