What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistani practice PG-7

EOD

Just found this PG-7 practice rocket in an ARDE catalog of Pakistan. It is mentioned that these are reusable but I wonder how that is done as only the payload section might be reusable. Anybody with more or better info here?

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 118
In the picture it appears as if the blue part is a one piece durable plastic moulding (I would have used Nylon). So shure, the used propellant tailboom-section may be unscrewed and a new propellant/igniter tube screwed on. That is cheaper than the old black russian training round where the payload section is not reusable.
regards,
Bellifortis.

What is missing? To me it looks like any other PG variant with a life rocket engine.

What is missing? To me it looks like any other PG variant with a life rocket engine.
The tubular part of the blue plasticmoulding, which appears to be an inert 1-piece moulding, is where the rocket-motor-tube normally is situated with the exhaust nozzles canted slightly out-and backwards. This appears as a ring, just below the head, on the tubular plastic moulding. The propellant around the tail-boom section burns instantly, shooting out the rocket with its warhead, the rocket motor ignites only after a safe distance from the launcher, so as not to burn the shooter with its hot exhaust gases and flame. In the above picture, the blue rocketmotor section appears to be inert and the whole blue plastic section reusable.

Ah, now I know what you mean - the image is too crappy to see all details. So they will just replace the expelling charges and the whole device will fall down a few meters in front of the launcher then. Thank you for this thought!
Means no target practice use and just a "getting used to the firing operation".
Would that here not be a training overkill for such very basic mililtary like the Pakistani? (and I do not remember anything similar from more sophisticated armies)
I know such similar systems for Russian/Soviet MANPADS where such systems make sense actually.

Last edited:
Ah, now I know what you mean - the image is too crappy to see all details. So the will just replace the expelling charges and the whole device will fall down a few meters in front of the launcher then. Thank you for this thought!
Means no target practice use and just a "getting used to the firing operation".
Would that here not be a training overkill for such very basic mililtaries like Pakistan? (and I do not remember anything similar from more sophisticated militaries)
I knew such similar systems for Russian/Soviet MANPADS where such systems make sense actually.
That's just my interpretation of the foto. I have never seen a thing like that and I don't think that they will sell a lots of those items. But, "financial" overkill you find everywhere in the world. When you see the prices that are paid for extremely simple items, just because they are for military use, you will be flabbergasted. But that's the way things are.

I guess arnies are the organizatins with the largest budgets and there are too many individuals (and sowith the companies they do represent) who want to take part in this wealth.