What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German Fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Keeping up with the items from the Former Aberdeen Ordnance Museum ...

This is listed as German:

Dia: 60MM
Length: 64MM
Exposed: 44MM

Any ideas?

JOe

Attachments

• ICE-SM-175-5.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-5.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 86
  • ICE-SM-175-6.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-6.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 84
  • ICE-SM-175-8.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-8.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 92
  • ICE-SM-175-15.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-15.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ICE-SM-175-10.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-10.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 72
This is a Krupp mechanical time fuze from WW1. This one here does not look like the standard adopted type. Maybe a development stage. Alpini will be the right one to ask.

At least the clockwork is from Krupp. I am still unsure if the whole fuze is made by Krupp.

@Joe: Could it be some letters in the area surrounded by the red line:
ICE-SM-175-5[1].jpg

thank you Joe, I thought these are letters...

But when looking at the other numbers (seconds) I am now sure that the whole fuze is Krupp made. The digits have the typical Krupp font-style which I have never seen on other fuzes.

Thanks ... There are going to be some interesting fuzes and items as I go through the pictures. Some of them are going to be experimental. I am posting them not only so I can identify them but so others can see them as well.

Joe

Hi

now the Aberdeen museum is gone, guns and tanks have been sent to other US museums. Does anybody know where the ordnance has gone ?

Thanks

Bernard