What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 30mm Round

siegfreid

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
mvc-613s.jpgmvc-614s.jpg

Can someone ID this round for me as it doesn't have a H/S & I don't recognise it . The case is approx. 135mm long with a rim diameter of approx. 40mm . There is a very faint stamp towards the bottom of the case that looks like A08 . Thank you . Siegfreid.

Brian. Thanks very much . It did come with some other very unusual rounds I got in a collection , so it could be something like that . Mike.

Gary . You're right . I've got some of those Aden LV rounds & the proj is absolutely identical . Looking at it more closely I see the proj is also very faintly stamped with the same AO8 & also VUX . Perhaps it's an experimental Aden round or something ? Mike.

Gary . You're right . I've got some of those Aden LV rounds & the proj is absolutely identical . Looking at it more closely I see the proj is also very faintly stamped with the same AO8 & also VUX . Perhaps it's an experimental Aden round or something ? Mike.

Well they are of the same period so its possible, interesting case either way.

Gary

A curious combination since the round is too long to be fired from the action of either an HS 825 or an Aden, so what gun could it have been intended for firing from? If it were not for the markings I would have assumed that someone had married two components which didn't belong together.