What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ID 2 pdr/40mm.

Fr Cdn AT

Ordnance approved
Good day everyone,
Would appreciate if someone could help me with a more accurate ID of projectile in attach pictures.
2 pounder versus 40mm and which type. Seem to me a 2 pdr but do not have the bulky look. It is more profile and there no marking on it. But it does look like an APCBC. The nose section does not seem to be steel as you can see indent in it and decoloration.
Like I said, any info would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Cheers, Luc.

DSC_0130.jpgDSC_0135-1.jpgDSC_0128.jpgDSC_0134.jpg

This also reminds me of a 2 pdr from the driving band to the bottom. The AA pom poms and the 2 pdr anti tank gun share the same driving band and bottom profile. I don't know of a 2 pdr AA APC projectile. An APCBC/T Mk I projo for the AT gun might be a possibility but I have not seen one before to compare, so I don't know for sure. The Germans also captured these guns and put them to use as the 4 cm Pak 154 and 4 cm Pak 192 and may have produced there own ammunition, but again I have no reference to these projectiles nor have I seen an example before. Hopefully my guesses will encourage another member to reveal a proper identification of your projectile.
Cheers, SHAKY