What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MRV and DKZ-B fuze

mogway

Does anyone know the difference between MRV (not MRV-U) and B-DKZ fuze
Thank you for information.

Does anyone know the difference between MRV (not MRV-U) and B-DKZ fuze
Thank you for information.

Very interesting - what is it B-DKZ (or DKZ-B)? I didn`t fined anything about this fuze.
MRV uses in BM-21 Grad.

It's DKZ-B, not B-DKZ. It is the fault of the automatic translator.

I can`t understend about which fyze you`re talking. I haven`t found any information about fuze with this name. And how exactly it writes on Russian???

Hello,
Looking at my archive, I may have found serious information about the DKZB fuze.
"DKZB" is not the name of the point detonating fuze but the name was given by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War to the 122 mm rocket(9M22M) fired from the Soviet launcher "GRAD-P".
It is the acronym of DKB (ĐKB) and DKZ ( ĐKZ)
-ĐKZ means recoilless gun (Đại bc khng giật)
-ĐKB means gun on pedestal (Đại bc khng bệ)
The real name of the rocket is DKZB-66 because provided by the Soviet Union in 1966

http://www.vnmilitaryhistory.net/index.php/topic,1139.0.html

122 mm DKZB-66 rocket is equipped with a "MRV" fuze that base painted blue. There are no markings with only the lot number.

Hello,
Bump this thread
This fuze is called DKZ-B in US documentation.
I assume a copy of russian MRV.
More infos ?

IMG_1338.jpg

This fuze is identified as Russian in :
NGIC-1143-029-98
Artillery fuze identification manual Section I
Technical Intelligence Brief No. 3-68
FSTC-CW-07-100-73

Cheers,

S.

Firstly the DKZ-B is an American, not a Russian designation. The Russian GRAU index code for the fuze is 9E231 (9Э231). I could not find its general Russian designation when researching the MRV (9E210) fuze family and 9M22 rocket family for the company I work for. A logical one would be MRV-1, as it is a truly minor modification of the MRV.

It looks virtually the same as the MRV, the main change being the colouration of the outer plastic rear portion. It looks similar to the later MRV-U (9E244), but is of a different physical construction and its internal operation is totally different. The only components that are common in function between the 9E231 and the MRV-U are the two-position (short and long) pyrotechnic delay system and the booster.

It was developed by Russia from its MRV fuze for use with the shorter range and slower 9M22M HE-frag rocket that was used by the 9P132 single-tube launcher of the Grad-P Partizan. The fuze, rocket and launcher were rapidly developed by Russian for use by Vietnamese forces opposing US and South Vietnamese Forces in Vietnam. The designation given to the rocket by the US Forces in Vietnam was either DKZ or DKZ-66, hence the DKZ-B fuze designation.

DKZ rocket.png

The fuze was cloned by the Chinese, possible designations seen for it being the MJ-4, MJ-4A, and the DRAO-4.

There are detailed descriptions of the MRV, 9E231 and MRV-U written by me on the website of the company I work for.

Sectional diagrams of the MRV, 9E231 and MRV-U.

MRV Fuze - Section.jpg

The MRV...

9E231 (DKZ-B) - 3.jpg

The 9E231 (DKZ-B)...

A sectional diagram of an MRV-U fuze.jpg

And the MRV-U.

Last edited: