What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hawkins Grenade Mine Fuze

ekim199944

I bought a Hawkins mine from IMA recently and was very pleased with it, other than the cap does not unscrew. I decided it needed fuzes in it to complete the look for my collection. I searched the web and came up with drawing for the No. 98 Chemical Pressure fuze. I then made them up and put them in the mine along with a fuze pin to hold them in place. I found from photos that the fuze pin was attached to the mine with string, which I used on mine. I like to add the extras to the items in my collection. What I need now are drawings or good photos of the Fuze and Booster that goes into a Panzerfaust 60, If anyone out there has them.

Hawkins 4.jpgHawkins 3.jpgHawkins 2.jpgHawkins 1.jpg

Dear Ekim199944, do you still have the drawing of the fuze available and would you be in a position to share it via email please. Regards Morsey

I did't make mine, I bought it years ago, probably from eBay. I have measured it and will attach a drawing of my measurements. I didn't use MM's as went they were made originally they would not have been using MM's.

Attachments

• Hawkins fuze.jpg
    Hawkins fuze.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 47
Now that I have taken the fuze out of the mine, I have to change my mind. I did not buy it, but made it. It's been seven years and at my age you do forget some things. The black part is wood, painted black. The back part was not a aluminum tube, but a 1/4" aluminum rod, which I then drilled and counter sunk the end just a bit, as shown in the drawing. The rod, sticking out of the wood, at the top, was an 1/8" brass rod. I have no ideal what I used for the white plug in the wood block. The dimensions I have already posted are correct. You can see from the picture I attached in 2013 what it looks like. I can no longer find the picture to attach again. I am sure I cut the wood part on my table saw, probably a long piece, the cut it to the 9/16" length needed.

Hope this helps you.