Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
    Thanks

Hawkins Grenade Mine Fuze

I bought a Hawkins mine from IMA recently and was very pleased with it, other than the cap does not unscrew. I decided it needed fuzes in it to complete the look for my collection. I searched the web and came up with drawing for the No. 98 Chemical Pressure fuze. I then made them up and put them in the mine along with a fuze pin to hold them in place. I found from photos that the fuze pin was attached to the mine with string, which I used on mine. I like to add the extras to the items in my collection. What I need now are drawings or good photos of the Fuze and Booster that goes into a Panzerfaust 60, If anyone out there has them.

Hawkins 4.jpgHawkins 3.jpgHawkins 2.jpgHawkins 1.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ekim199944 For This Useful Post:

Deacon Jim (1st October 2021)

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Thanks
    Was that Hawkins sold to you as an original WW2 item ?

Thanks
    I was mistaken, I did not buy it from IMA, I bought it from What Price Glory, and it is a repro.

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Thanks
    OK , Ekim , just checking that you new that .

Thanks
    Dear Ekim199944, do you still have the drawing of the fuze available and would you be in a position to share it via email please. Regards Morsey

Thanks
    There is a picture of one in the thread titled "No 75 Hawking Grenade-Mine" it was started Aug. 2007.
    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...hlight=Hawkins
    Last edited by spotter; 22nd September 2021 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks
    I did't make mine, I bought it years ago, probably from eBay. I have measured it and will attach a drawing of my measurements. I didn't use MM's as went they were made originally they would not have been using MM's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ekim199944 For This Useful Post:

Deacon Jim (1st October 2021), millsbomber (11th October 2021), WWIIBuff (12th October 2021)

Thanks
    Now that I have taken the fuze out of the mine, I have to change my mind. I did not buy it, but made it. It's been seven years and at my age you do forget some things. The black part is wood, painted black. The back part was not a aluminum tube, but a 1/4" aluminum rod, which I then drilled and counter sunk the end just a bit, as shown in the drawing. The rod, sticking out of the wood, at the top, was an 1/8" brass rod. I have no ideal what I used for the white plug in the wood block. The dimensions I have already posted are correct. You can see from the picture I attached in 2013 what it looks like. I can no longer find the picture to attach again. I am sure I cut the wood part on my table saw, probably a long piece, the cut it to the 9/16" length needed.

Hope this helps you.