What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipped butterfly wings

SG500

Premium Member
I thought these photos would interest some of you on the variations of the cut down butterfly wings.

The set on the left are a full wing set with the main brake wings removed just to show the end wings clearly and for comparison purposes to the cut down wings.
Next is the larger version of the cut down wings. The wing frame has been ground flat on the sides where the brake wings attach.
Next is the intermediate version of the cut down wings. The wing frame has been crudely cut on the sides where the brake wings attach.
To the right is the small version of the cut down wings. Again the wing frame has been crudely cut on the sides where the brake wings attach.

The separate picture shows the smallest wings I have come across. I've seen 2 like this in similar conditions. The wings are not much larger than bottle tops and are fixed to a wing frame that has also had the ends removed. I don't even know if these were for an SD 2 but they're certainly made with an SD 2 wing frame, I'd be interested to know if any one has any information on this one.

Thanks.

Dave.

IMG_6168.jpgIMG_6169.jpgIMG_6170.jpgSmall wings.jpg