What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM-141 wanted

pzgr40

Premium Member
XM-141 submunition wanted

Good evening,

- I am interested to know what type of submunition the XM141 is?
- What is it dispensed from?
- How does it work (fuzing system)?
- What are it's dimensions?
- Has anybody got a cutaway drawing?
- Has anybody got one for trade?

Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH

(picture borrowed from the 'Big Ordnance' website.)

Attachments

• xm141.jpg
    xm141.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hey DJ,
the 141 was a developmental piece, used in a competition "shoot-off" to see who would be awarded a Government contract for what eventually became the M42/M46/M77/M80 submunitions series. There are a few different sizes and variations, the best collection to view is in the military museum at White Sands Missile Range, where many of them were tested. I don't recall ever seeing a document on them, though there may be something buried on DTIC somewhere. There have never been a lot of these around, I have not seen one available for several years.

Hi US -Subs, thanks for the fast reply. So this is the predescessor of the M42/M46 series? Interesting.
About obtaining one: not asking is no chance of getting one. Throughout the years I have obtained a number of Submunitions that were told to me to be unobtainable. A bit of luck will help sometimes.
I can remembe seeing pictures of a US collectors meeting somewhere in the USA where they were offered.

Regards, DJH

Not exactly a predecessor, a competing design. Good luck.