What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyreburster help...

turpin42

Hi all
Long time since i posted anything but should be posting a bit more in the near future... busy busy.
Can anyone supply the sizes for the T shaped brass detonator housing that is inside the Tyreburster?
Height, Width etc.

Thought i'd ask if anyone had a spare housing but i guess i know the answer to that ;)

I have made a copy of the donut charge that is inside.
I made up a mould so if anyone needs a plaster copy get in touch (i'll post some pictures of the finished copy soon)

Here is a Picture of the copy charge in place with correct green cloth tape around it.
Dummy charge.jpg

All the best
And thanks for any help

T42

Last edited:
Can anyone supply the sizes for the T shaped brass detonator housing that is inside the Tyreburster?
Height, Width etc.
I am a little late but here goes. The weight without detonators is 8 gram. The height of the spring housing is 18,2mm, the outside diameter of the spring housing is 14,4mm, the outside diameter of the detonator pockets is 9,5mm and distance between the detonator pockets is 22mm. The slots for the shear wire are 1,6mm wide and the height is 11.8mm.
I have made a copy of the donut charge that is inside.
I made up a mould so if anyone needs a plaster copy get in touch (i'll post some pictures of the finished copy soon)
I would like to see a photo of the copy.

Hi Anders
Thanks for the sizes!
Heres a Picture of a finished painted copy of the charge.

TB copy.jpg

All the best
T42

I didn't see the ebay link in time to view the item. Still looking for original or reproduction inert tyreburster.