What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.5 pdr fuze ?

lcn

I found this diagram inside the handbook for QF 12 1/2 PR-Gun 1902. Is that you know these two fuzes they are British and what is their name and perhaps more information?
Cordialement

Jean paul
04.jpg05.jpg

LCN,

Its a No.59 fuze. Just looking to see if I have a diagram.

TimG

P.S. Alas not. Obsolete in 1909. Max. time delay 17 secs. Only one mark.

Last edited:
Fuze No 59

Tim and Jean Paul,

Herewith the diagram. The fuze is a Krupp design promoted in this country by Vickers Son & Maxim in 1902. The idea of separate igniter and percussion unit is that it could be carried in a gun limber in a different compartment to shell (which had the body of the fuze screwed in during transit) obviating accidents due to the vibrations, and worse, that gun limbers are subjected to. The igniter unit could be fitted quickly to the fuze (presumably faster than the time that would be taken unscrewing a plug and screwing in a whole fuze).

059edited2.jpg

Hello Icn,

I have a fired shrapnell projectile marked for the 12.5pdr, does your handbook show any of the ammunition for this caliber please?

I posted a thread a few years back for the 12.5pdr I have.

Regards Ozzi.

[FONT=&quot] hi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Ozzi
I am attaching the handbook in the download section[/FONT] (general ordnance)
Jean Paul