Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 653 Posts
    Here two experimental Czech submunitions. I do not have a type designation. The bigger one (with ribbon) is approximately the same size as the DM1385A1, the smaller one has the size of the M42/46/77.
    After release from the carrier shell the outer sheet metal pipe piece is pushed outward together with the impact fuze. This forms the optimum standoff for penetration.
    Looking at the long silk ribbon I suppose it is meant for a low speed weapon, like a mortar or a rocket. For artillery shell expulsed submunitions (higher speed) a smaller ribbon will do.
    Any further info about these submunitions is welcome.

Regards, DJH
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pzgr40 For This Useful Post:

Joerg (26th November 2013), rcaf53 (26th November 2013), spotter (5th August 2015), Sprockets (26th November 2013)

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    thanks DJH, I've been looking for this one or some time now. I have to find it but some where in my subs files, I have a drawing of this sub that says it is a Soviet design. Deployed from 15mm projectile
    any live or dug ordnance shown in my posts was dealt with by EOD personell

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,165 Posts
    In fact it was a Czech/Sov collaboration. The Czechs said that they could never get the fuze right, it was just too sensitive. They backed out and they say that the Sovs continued with it. I'd have to pull my notes tomorrow, but it was called something like Tvornik. I never was able to pronounce it. The small size was for 122mm rocket, the large was for 152mm projo. I spent a couple of days with one of the former engineers on the project, he gave me mine.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

rcaf53 (26th November 2013), Sprockets (26th November 2013)

Thanks
    I would have a few question and think they fit in here best.

German Bundeswehr used (amongst others)

DM1348
    DM1383
    DM1385(A1) Subs

As far as I know IMI produced DM1348 (IMI licence) and DM1383 & DM1385 where also produce from IMI under licence from Rheinmetall. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Manniman; 15th February 2014 at 04:53 PM.

Thanks
    IMI and Rheinmetall had a joint development. Details are hard to find. Both have tons of patents on this but the ones we know being in German Service look very much like what IMI had in it's patents.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    We were told that the different bands/rings of color were for dispersion identifying where the submunition was located in the carrier during testing vs. where it was on the target (ground).
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    Dear EOD,
    Please can you further identify IMI-Is it the British company Imperial Metal Industries, or is it E.M.I, or another German company? I cannot locate the "Tons of patents" Many thanks-Sprockets.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    IMI is Israeli Military Industries

Joe

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EOD View Post
    IMI and Rheinmetall had a joint development. Details are hard to find. Both have tons of patents on this but the ones we know being in German Service look very much like what IMI had in it's patents.
    Someplace I have an IMI flyer on the sub identifying that they were at that time producing the sub for both Germany and Romania.

Thanks
    pictures would be very welcome.

Thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast