What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistance with Ammunition box Makers Identification

bombmuseum

Dear Collectors,

I am looking for help in trying to identify several British jerrican manufactures by their stamp code. Many of these same codes are stamped on British metal ammunition boxes.
Makers marks as yet identified:
AMS
E.W.B.
LMP
CP&F
RTMP
MMOR
MPB
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

AMS - All Metal Smallware, Birmingham. UK
CP &F - ?
E.W.B. E.W. Bliss Ltd, Derby. UK
LMP London Metal Products, Ilford. UK
MMOR Minneapolis Moline Power Implement Co. USA
MMP - ?
RTMP - R.T. Metals Production, Swansea, UK (This might actually be R.T. Metal Products of Vancouver)

TimG

Last edited:
Thank you both for the assistance. After quite a few hours I have not been able to confirm that these companies did in fact stamp out jerricans or ammunition boxes. In example EWB made all kinds of cans, thus during the war this type of company most likely made defense products but the ever elusive bit of documentation that either states in text or shows in photographs that it did, has not been found. I have only been at this ten years so I'm in no hurry and if nothing else I am persistent. Should I find bits of interest to the ammunition box collectors I will post to this forum. Cheers,

CP&F is Cwmfelin Press & Fab works, South Wales (part of RTB , Richard Thomas & Baldwins, 1947 onwards). The CP&F works was previously RTMP during the WW2, part of Richard Thomas & Co.
Richard.

Dear Collectors,

I am looking for help in trying to identify several British jerrican manufactures by their stamp code. Many of these same codes are stamped on British metal ammunition boxes.
Makers marks as yet identified:
AMS
E.W.B.
LMP
CP&F
RTMP
MMOR
MPB
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,