What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rust issue on german 39

timmymac

Any suggestions on what I might do here? As you can see, the rust bubbles are very near original marking on this Eierhandgranate 39 and obviously wouldn't want to jeopardize losing or fading this during any treatment process that I would do . Really only want to try to prevent its condition from worsening, if that's possible to do so safely.003.jpg

opinions will probably vary greatly on this. I like the corrosion patina on the piece and would put a clear satin coat over it........Dano

I am trying a product called Evaporust. Doesn't seem to harm paint but gets rid of the rust. I have tried it on a couple of smoke grenades recently, good on the paint but cannot speak to long term rust removal/elimination.

First, be sure that your grenade is COMPLETELY empty and inside cleaned or you can have, after two or three days, a little surprise !

Yoda

Attachments

• 20140124-04comp.jpg
    20140124-04comp.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
I am trying a product called Evaporust. Doesn't seem to harm paint but gets rid of the rust. I have tried it on a couple of smoke grenades recently, good on the paint but cannot speak to long term rust removal/elimination.
I have used this several times and loved it. Used it on an Arcade cast iron toy that looked completely rusted and it removed the surface rust, revealing the underlying paint (no damage)

Keith