What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting design feature

Slick

Waaaaaayyyyyyyy off the ord topic, but this being a gathering place for collectors, another segment of collecting, numismatics, is as addicting as any other. In that, coinage is as artistic as any other art form. The designs are part of the novelty of it all. Just found this bit of detail. Didn't know about it. Hadn't thought it an "option".

But check this out. The Brits win again! Very cool.

Coins (334x400).jpg

Wait till you see the new Brit Euro coins.

Brit eur eu ro ero coins ??? whats subs trying to say siegfreid i just cant get the word out

Our most interesting coin will be when that slap a likeness of Obama on it. I guess "Interesting" isn't always a good thing.....................:reddy:

Brit eur eu ro ero coins ??? whats subs trying to say siegfreid i just cant get the word out

Allan . I think he may be suggesting we might end up with the unmentionable . This being a family friendly site , I'll say no more ! I'm sure he means it in jest , though .

A number of years back, the U.S. minted dollar coins with a really ugly image of Susan B. Anthony on it. A number of people called them Dyke Dollars, and it was the most unused hated coin. I can only imagine what a coin with an image of Obongo on it would be called.

Think US Subs means we'll be minting Euros for Scotland when they get their inependance.

Once the EU decides that the UK economy is strong enough.....