Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks

An old Brit back in uniform!

First pic is what I bought, thinking it was US M26. After discovering it was not American, (and getting some VERY useful documents from a fellow BOCN member) came to the conclusion it was Probably an L2. Hard to tell , as frag coil was also inside practice L3 as well. Anyway, with this in mind I tried to properly outfit the chap. He's a far cry from original but at least he's not taken anymore for a Yank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timmymac For This Useful Post:

beihan62 (17th February 2014), Darrol (17th February 2014), Jawasinger (17th February 2014), paul the grenade (17th February 2014)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 576 Posts
    Very nice. What fuze is that?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Thanks
    That looks great, how do you do the stencils?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    It's the correct l25a6 fuze by the looks of it.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Rick, I had bought an L3A2 from a guy on GUNBROKER & it had this fuse, (which I didn't know any better) was not correct, well screw weeks prior to getting this "M26" I replaced fuse on L3A2 with bolt s shown. Prior to VERY light coat OD, I coated the blue lever with clear laquer ( so later I can take off green to original blue is I need to. If you look at lever pic close you'll see the marking. L134A1. I don't even know what this goes on (please help) I'd of course like to put real marked up lever on it but...... Better than what WAS on it. On the lettering, I paint the lettering area yellow, then apply 1/4" vinyl Letters & paint OD green & remove vinyl. Hit it with a coat so semi-gloss lacquer to finish.

Thanks
    Thanks, never thought of doing it that way. I might just have to try it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timmymac View Post
    Rick, I had bought an L3A2 from a guy on GUNBROKER & it had this fuse, (which I didn't know any better) was not correct, well screw weeks prior to getting this "M26" I replaced fuse on L3A2 with bolt s shown. Prior to VERY light coat OD, I coated the blue lever with clear laquer ( so later I can take off green to original blue is I need to. If you look at lever pic close you'll see the marking. L134A1. I don't even know what this goes on (please help) I'd of course like to put real marked up lever on it but...... Better than what WAS on it. On the lettering, I paint the lettering area yellow, then apply 1/4" vinyl Letters & paint OD green & remove vinyl. Hit it with a coat so semi-gloss lacquer to finish.
    Brilliant...

Images
    Thanks
    heres a thread from last year i did on how i re stencilled some l2 grenades using rubber stamps.
    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...ng-on-grenades
    cheers, paul.

UBIQUE
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,095 Times in 768 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timmymac View Post

The L134A1 is used on the rubber bodied L56A1 practice grenade
    http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe...ngdom/l56.html
    Last edited by spotter; 17th February 2014 at 01:34 PM.

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

Site administrator. damned if i do..damned if i dont

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 576 Posts
    I could make use of an L134A1 if anyone has a spare.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast