What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm APDS-T

Spaceinvader

Just got this in the mail from a fellow in the US. I've seen a few rounds like this online, there's actually one for 60$? on gun broker. Same projectile and case. I don't think its the original case for the projectile though, marked "30MM DUMMY PGU-16/B". I think someone just took the projectile and put it in a GAU-8 type case. No primer or any other markings. The projectile is a heavy tungsten penetrator, with a semi-transparent sabot. The base easily comes off, and the penetrator comes out (with alot of force). Amber colored plastic driving band, and on the side of the sabots its marked "MHR89G001S052". Also a small cavity for tracer compound (empty). Looking for any info on it, thanks! -RhysDSCN1656[1].jpgDSCN1657[1].jpgDSCN1658[1].jpgDSCN1660[1].jpgDSCN1661[1].jpgDSCN1662[1].jpg

Last edited:
It`s a plate testing round (armor plating or aircraft skin for example). These come also in versions where the sabots hold square blocks, triangular shapes and ball shapes.

Ahhh so its a test round! That makes sense, I wonder what the case looks like, cause I doubt its the one with it right now. Thanks!