What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lancaster to the U.K.

Thanks Shaky,Thats fantastic news,those are superb photos,especially the night pic,great,
Thanks for posting,
Regards,Don,

The growl of a beefy piston engine has much more going for it than the noise of a hair dryer,

Thanks Shaky,
I'm fortunate enough to live within one hour of both RAF Conningsby and Humberside airport. Will definately make a trip to see both Lancs together...........and heres a thought; East Kirkby is not too far away from RAF Conningsby, I wonder if they will do a fly past above a third Lancaster 'Just Jane' which is based there - two Lancasters together would be fantastic to see, but three, now I doubt that would ever be repeated..............I wonder?

regards Kev

We enjoy a few flights overhead of this beautiful aircraft every year, as it is close by in Hamilton. I always hear that awesome drone of the Merlins approach and make it outside in time to snap a few photos as it rushes overhead. Kev, is Just Jane airworthy yet,or just doing run ups and taxi displays. Do they intend to eventually fly her again ?
Thanks, SHAKY

I believe that it is still planned to get Just Jane to fly. I think the main issue is that the Plane would have to be taken out of public view whilst a lot of work is carried out and of course its very popular. One of the Panton brothers died recently and I know it was the wish of both of them to see it flying again. I'm a little out of touch to recent events but as far as I know the plan is to get her airborne.
Don mentioned the nighttime photograph on the link.......they do acutally do nighttime engine runs with Just Jane and the atmosphere at these events is amazing. It sends shivers up the spine when those four Merlins kick in........can only imagine what it would have been like when a whole squadron of them were taxi-ing for take off.
If I do manage to get to any of the events I will take some pics and post them on here.

all the best regards Kev

Hope to see some photos of them together if anyone gets the chance to. I don't think I shall be attending as it's a bit too long a flight as a stowaway:tinysmile_twink_t2:
Cheers, SHAKY

It also said in the article that unlike the BBMF Lancaster, this one is privately owned. This means that there will be opportunity for a few members of the public to fly in it.

vera left Canada at 3.30 bst and had the flooded
engine problem sorted out.i think its about 3000 odd
flying miles and wish them all a safe flight.

Testimony to the Canadian heritage museum,and there Pilots and team,as Vera is
almost as much of a legend now as Amy Johnsons first Atlantic crossing.
So looking forward to seeing her with BBMF

Best Phil

so gutted as Veras gone now and i was at shoreham when no 4 engine packed up
and was cancelled,and couldnt make Duxford to see her on the last show.
Still il have to wait for Just Jane to become Airworthy then we will have our own two Lancs.

As Don schofield quoted he could retire now and have reached the pinacle of his career
as he has been honoured with piloting Vera as tribute to all RAF and RCAF pilots lost.