What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebanded Projectiles

You inspired me JR. My local hydraulic hose shop could not help me fast enough with their crimping machine - at no charge.

Steve

Crimped driving bands.jpgBofors 37mm with new driving band.jpg

There has been a lot of controversy over rebanding projectiles. I personally don't see anything wrong with it unless you pass it off as original. After serious consideration, I do see the opposition’s side of it. When I pass on and my collection is spread with the winds, no one will know which bands are reproductions, so I have decided not to reband any others untilI can get a steel stamp made with my initials. I ordered a steel stamp in 1/8”letters that said “REPRO JR” and it was too large. I will reorder one that only says JR or order one in smaller letters. I am going to go back and stamp everyband I have made with it, which is only about 10 or 15 bands.

I’ve bought a couple projectiles that had been rebanded. One was so bad that I cut the band off and put a new band on it.

The steel stamp I bought was a little more than $100. Youdid a good job on your bands. You might want to consider getting you a stampand proudly show off your craftsmanship also.

…….JR

Last edited: