What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M26 fake up for auction!

Well, I don't recall what was decided in the previous thread, but there isn't anything wrong with that grenade. It's just what he says it is....an M26A2 type body. It looks to me like it might have a fresh coat of paint, and the base cap is missing the serrated insert. But the body is the standard late type with the larger 5/8" threads used with the M215 and M217 fuzes, not the 9/16" thread of the M26 and M26A1 grenades.

I have never sorted out all the similarities and differences between U.S. production bodies and British L series bodies, so I suppose that might complicate things. But I am not really seeing a problem.

I'm very sorry to for my hasty decision in calling this a fake or miss represented grenade. I was wrong. I based my decision on various pieces of information that, along with my ignorance, left me to basically speak when I shouldn't. I've conveyed my deepest apologies to the seller prior to this posting. My apologies to this forum as well. My inclination to not trust sellers from this particular auction site clouded my judgment as well. I hope I haven't steered anyone interested in this away from what is in all probability, EXACTLLY what it is described to be. Ya'll, I've got just enough knowledge & experience in this thing to be dangerous.
Tim

Tim
Note my "SIGNATURE" at the bottom of my posts. I earned/learned it the hard way.

Rick

I'm very sorry to for my hasty decision in calling this a fake or miss represented grenade. I was wrong. I based my decision on various pieces of information that, along with my ignorance, left me to basically speak when I shouldn't. I've conveyed my deepest apologies to the seller prior to this posting. My apologies to this forum as well. My inclination to not trust sellers from this particular auction site clouded my judgment as well. I hope I haven't steered anyone interested in this away from what is in all probability, EXACTLLY what it is described to be. Ya'll, I've got just enough knowledge & experience in this thing to be dangerous.
Tim
A true man will admit his mistakes. timmymac, I have the utmost of respect for you. Fessing up is the sign of a true gentleman