What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNKNOWN French Dummy-Charge / Dummy-Mine (Post WW2)

Zorro

UNKNOWN French Dummy-Charge / Dummy-Mine (Post WW2)

Who can help to identify and provide more information (official designation / pages of an instruction-manual would be great).

Front.jpgRear.jpgBottom.jpgP1030667.jpg

length without fuze [mm]:
depth without fuze [mm]:
height without fuze [mm]:
80, (87mm up to lower step of mockup fuze), (100mm up to upper end of the mockup fuze)
inner diameter [mm]:

Description of item:
Solid Alumium-block with an blue painted mockup pressure-fuze (all cast as on part). Both large sides of the cuboid block have a hole drilled and tapped (M10x1) for further boobytrap-fuzes. The bottom is machine and absolutely plane. The edges of the cuboid are heavily rounded, except towards the bottom-side (here sharp edges).
surface-treatment of body:
With exeption of the bottom-side and the drilled and tapped holes, the body is completely painted. The Mock-Up-Fuze-part is painted light-blue, all the rest is painted sand-colour.
weight of body, without fuzes[g]:
screw for both boobytrap fuzes:
M10x1 (fine)
screw for bottom fuze:
approx. M36
orientation of all screws:
Standard (non-reverse)
Manufacturer:
Unknown
period of manufacture:
Post-World-War II
markings on the grenade-body:
No markings at all
remarks:

1.) Since none of the three fuze wells is drilled all the way through there wont be any emitting of smoke or a pressure-release possible. Therefore it is assumed that the item is just for instruction or classroom training.

2.) earlier auction that I had missed was named French Railway Mine???

3.) According to seller the item had been found in an bunker of an former training area of the French Army.

4.) The item did come with the fuze on the fotos, which is a French Instruction Pullwire-Fuze Mod. 54/58 with the 3 removable prongs not attached anymore. The rope with the safety-pin is still attached.

5.) As well the Cast-On-Mockup Fuze as also the fuze well on the bottom side could eventually point from size and outer appearance point to an French Pressure-Fuze Mod. 35.

More Details to French Pressure-Fuze Mod. 35 see Alexpage:
http://www.lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniters/france/allumeurapressionmodele35.html

ALL ITEMS shown on the Fotos are 100% INERT and 100% FFE and had been already received in this condition

it's a inert booster for the french anti tank mine charge creuse mle 53, the pose is in trio : this booster with pressure fuze copy of german tmiz 42 or 43 and two det cord go to 2 anti tank mines mle 53

Hello Pat,

I know this device as a booster for shaped charges M.51 (practice version for this one).

Regards

51.jpgnonmetallic shaped charge Mle51.jpgmetallic shaped charge 51.jpg

Hello Pat, Hello MINENAZ16,

thank you for the great job identifying and solving another "mistery".

Best regards,

Ralf