What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nebelwerfer Stenciling?

skull181

Does any one have the correct wording/Stenciling for the Nebelwerfer 41 32 cm Fl.

I believe it's some thing like this:

32 cm Fl.

NB 22 - 5 - 1944 (Nebelwerfer 22/5/1944)

I don't know what the smaller writing on the Rocket motor is.

Any body got pictures?

ammo bultn No45.jpg
Does any one have the correct wording/Stenciling for the Nebelwerfer 41 32 cm Fl.

I believe it's some thing like this:

32 cm Fl.

NB 22 - 5 - 1944 (Nebelwerfer 22/5/1944)

I don't know what the smaller writing on the Rocket motor is.

Any body got pictures?

Don't know how accurate but this is from British ammo Bulletin no.45 1944.
Bill

Thanks Bill, that's just what I needed, don't suppose the bulletin showed what colour the Rocket was?

Green or Grey?

Cheers Mate!

Thanks Bill, that's just what I needed, don't suppose the bulletin showed what colour the Rocket was?

Green or Grey?

Cheers Mate!

This one didn't but I think you could go either way. Here's a link to a field grey (I think) example with lettering that used to be white but has deteriorated to a brownish tone.

http://www.maquetland.com/article-phototheque/4966-lrm-nebelwerfer-schwere-wurfgerat-41-swg41

There is a list of links to other rocket descriptions at the bottom of this page but I have found that the links on rocket page (let's say rocket A) to another rocket (B) of this site might not work but if you go to a different link to say rocket C and then try the link at the bottom of the page to the same rocket B, it will work.
Try it you will get the idea and the pix are worth the trouble.

Good Luck,
Bill

Last edited:
sam_2826.jpg
Cheers Bill, still undecided between dark green and dark grey...

I have seen a British Report for the 21cm nebel rocket that described it as "dark olive green" and I have a copy of an AAF report on the R4M missile that used the same words to describe the color. I don't think it means like the U.S. olive-drab color but maybe like the Wehrmacht uniform color.
I also just came across a site with a picture of a dug up 32cm that shows an image of a different style fuel filler plug than I posted previously.
http://www.odkrywca.pl/pokaz_watek.php?id=724868
See the relevant pic attached.
Bill

Stoopid me, it says right at the bottom of the diagram Anlage 4 in the manual in Downloads D444/2839 that the color is Feldgrau !!!
Sigh !
Bill

Hi Bill, I've looked at the Polish diagram and it looks like (?)

On the motor:

abg19424? (can't see last digit properly, I'm going for a M)
Nn2542m

On the shell:

Nn 5743P or is it Nn 5.7.43P (as in a date?)

Nn 2.5.42M

Last edited: