What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Fort Nelson

Fred

Hi folks
I have never been to Fort Nelson but I'm hoping to visit it in June. I'm asking those of you who have been there recently if two hours is enough to see it all or should I allow more time. Like most of the forum members, I'm an enthusiast and not just a rubberneck tourist!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Fred

Hi Fred,
It's been a few years since i was last there, but i would say that 2 hours would not in my opinion be enough time to have a good look around.
Best Weasel.

Hi Fred,
It's been a few years since i was last there, but i would say that 2 hours would not in my opinion be enough time to have a good look around.
Best Weasel.

I think about 4 hours would be better if you have not been before, there is a lot to see and do.

Hi Fred as above at least 4 hours and go to Explosion museum at Priddys Hard in Gosport too,some nice pubs along the foreshore to sit and soak up the atmosphere after your visit!

Hi Fred, The fort is only up the hill from me and I'm a volunteer there as a member of the PFS. We will be firing one of the 64 pounder RML's on the ramparts on Sunday 22nd June - You should visit that day :)