What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuse identify

guendis

I need to identify this aerial bomb fuse.
Its functioning is equal to the N 16 Cooper.
Thanks.Esp_peq_4.jpgEsp_peq_3.jpgEsp_peq_1.jpgEsp_peq_2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guendis

It looks a lot like a No 7 Fuze/No 16 Pistol used in the 20 lb Cooper bomb, but the body has a different profile. Are there any markings on it? Markings on the No 16 Pistol were embossed into the cast body, but I cannot see anything like that on your photos. The bomb has a single British suspension lug, but I don't recognise it. Do you know anything about the bomb? Where did it come from?

Regards

eodda

Hello Eodda:
The fuse has no marks, its functioning is equal to the N 16, but its not exterior aspect, not even its thread has anything in common.
This bomb, as well as the Cooper 20 lb. bomb and the RFC 230 lb., they were copied by the Company "Talleres de Guernica" from the year 1926 and they used by the Spanish Naval Aeronautics.
I think that, both the bomb and the fuse were developed from the Cooper bomb.
The bomb weighs 25 kg.
I put comparison photos between both bombs and leaflet of 1928 of this company.
A greeting

Guendis

Hispania Cooper 20 lb.jpgBombas Hispania.jpgHispana 25 kg.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guendis

That's very interesting. I didn't know that those British bombs had been copied by a Spanish company, therefore I don't know anything about the fuze!!

Regards

eodda

Thank you Eoodda:
The motive of requesting information of this fuse is if a similar British fuse existed.
"Talleres de Guernica" copy the N 16 and I thought that it should copy this one.
It is seen that it is a model developed from 16.

Greetings

Guendis