What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spainish EA-M5'S

timmymac

033.jpg037.jpg Practice version of Spainish EA-M5 (blue) & Instructional. Got these couple weeks ago ( thanks Geeert), & like always, check old threads for info, saw/clicked on "how it works" link (thanks pajarito) & still not sure if I understand exactly how the damn thing blows up! SUPER COOL pair of grenades though!!

Seccion EAM5.jpg

Well, I'll try to explain it with my bad English.

The EA-M5 has two positions: Instant percussion (I), and delay (R).

In the instant percussion position, removing the lever (6) a pyrotechnic piece (9) hits the firing pin (10), burning the gunpowder mixture (1 second) aligning the primer (17) and the detonator (25). This whole process permits safe throwing. Then, the hand grenade will explode when it hits the ground.

Employed as delay position (R), the ball is fixed so that hand grenade explodes after 8 seconds, without impact.

Last edited:
Ok, so the slot on top of fuse is position selector? Pajarito, thanks brother for explaining it for me, and for other posts on these interesting grenades!
-timmymc