What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

found in a spanish village

timeout

I wonder if any one can help id the bullets I found while I was detecting in a little Spanish village in the Spanish Pyrenees, just a few km from the French boarder. The story is that during the Spanish Civil war there was a small skirmish in the village. Well the village is only 9 houses and out of that 5 are awaiting renovation. But during the second world war it was a safe stop over for allied forces on the way to Portugal. Other items found were coins from 1645 -1862 but nothing moden. Some of the head stamps are hard to read but with a little chalk and a loop you can read them.....thank.....paul.spain 001.JPGspain 002.JPGspain 007.JPGspain 008.JPGspain 009.JPGspain 010.JPGspain 013.JPGspain 014.JPGspain 005.JPGspain 006.JPG

Pic 1-2= headstamp 38 bottom 33
pic 3-4= headstamp top= I 38A bottom 7.9
pic 5-6= headstamp top what looks like a J with a7 attached at the top...bottom = 3-26 I allso have one with 17 at the top and 30 on the bottom
pic 7-8= headstamp top=. LFNP bottom=9.2-952
pic 9-10= headstamp top= PS bottom 1926

Attachments

• spain 011.JPG
    spain 011.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 20
  • spain 012.JPG
    spain 012.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 20
The 3 rimmed cases all seem to be early Soviet 7,62x54R and for sure were delivered to civil war.

As above for the 7.62x54R cases. These are all Soviet cases supplied to the Spanish Republicans as military aid.

The 7.92x57mm headstamped "I38A" is reportedly unknown manufacturer but is a well known find in Spain.

The round headstamped "FNP" is Spanish military made at the Fabrica Nacionale de Palencia. What you thought was an "L" is in fact the "7" of "7.92". "952" is the date, 1952, so is not Civil War vintage.

The "PS" is also Spanish military made at the Pirotechnia Militar de Sevilla.

Regards
TonyE

Last edited:
Visit www.municion.org. I'm using a free wifi and it has a filter, so I can't see that page now, but I think you can search all about those cartridges in the "fuego central" database.

many thanks to you all for your id's and for the link to the website. I think I have some dates that are not shown on the web site.....I hope to go out again in may so might find some more. paul.

Last edited: