What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Collection

BOUGAINVILLE

Hi all,

This last Saturday I put on a huge display of Japanese Equipment and Ordnance at the North Queensland Branch meeting of the Australian Cartridge Collectors Association that was this time held just down the road from me.

Thought that I would share with you all the few photos that I took of my display.

Any deficiencies in the ordnance area is a direct result of the dumb misguided policies of the Australian Customs who consider us collectors as threats to the community and treat us as such. Stupid because we are legally licensed and allowed to process exactly what they are trying to prevent us from having. Namely artillery projectiles and the likes and at the moment we can only source what is available domestically because it outside the jurisdiction of the Australian Customs.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Attachments

• IMGP6593.jpg
    IMGP6593.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMGP6594.jpg
    IMGP6594.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMGP6595.jpg
    IMGP6595.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMGP6597.jpg
    IMGP6597.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMGP6598.jpg
    IMGP6598.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMGP6599.jpg
    IMGP6599.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMGP6600.jpg
    IMGP6600.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMGP6601.jpg
    IMGP6601.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMGP6602.jpg
    IMGP6602.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the remaining two photos.

First one of a Type 93 Battery Commanders Scope with grid illumination attachment.

The second one is of an IJA anemometer used used along with the Type 93 Battery Commanders Scope in fire control.

Attachments

• IMGP6603.jpg
    IMGP6603.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP6604.jpg
    IMGP6604.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
In spite of the restrictions a very nice collection.
Hope Razz didn't hustle too much! :tinysmile_twink_t:

Bob

Very nice collection!

Is that a gyro "under the table"?

Cheers
Drew

Yep it sure is a Torpedo Gyro. I had to put it under the table as was running out of table space and feeling guilty about the amount of space I was taking up.

Cheers,
Robert

In spite of the restrictions a very nice collection.
Hope Razz didn't hustle too much! :tinysmile_twink_t:

Bob
Yes Razz was there the big ugly bugger that he is !!
I also attended and can tell you that Robert did a wonderful job with his display I am amazed at what he has .

Regards Daryl

Yep it sure is a Torpedo Gyro. I had to put it under the table as was running out of table space and feeling guilty about the amount of space I was taking up.

Cheers,
Robert

Hum, I think your "priorities" are wrong here mate - should have thrown some of that other non-ordnance related crap under the table instead!!!! (LOL)

:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Great Job!

Cheers
Drew

Great collection and great display.
Thank yopu for posting the pictures.
Regards, DJH

INCREDIBLE! What an amazing collection and display of Japanese Inert Ord and other stuff. What is the story behind the Japanese Flag with all the signatures radiating from the Sun? Looks incredibly historically important :)

Jason
PS: I agree with, Drew! That gyro should have been front & center under lights, but I am biased as a torpedo gyro collector.

Outstanding Bougainville! What a well rounded collection. Would've like to have seen that firsthand! VERY well done!
Tim

What is the story behind the Japanese Flag with all the signatures radiating from the Sun? Looks incredibly historically important :)

Yea the Hinomaru Yosegaki flag or Good Luck Flag belonged to a Kazuo Nakajima and was taken on Bougainville in and around Torokina.

Fantastic display Bougainville,many thanks for posting and taking the time to set it all up for the display,
Regards,
Don,

Bougainville, Excellent, excellent stuff! It's not often you post pictures of your collection. The Japanese Navy 76.2mm is a rare round and some of the mine and naval fuzes are rare and very desirable. Good stuff! Hope you are good these days.

Jim

Hiya Robert,
Now THAT's a really nice display!!
I knew of course about you having most of these things, but it's very nice to see them all set-up together, and you did a great job of adding descriptive labels. Nice!
I must also mention that the restoration paint jobs you did on the ammo are lovely.
Nicely done, and I hope to see more displays like this someday!
Cheers,
Olafo

Great collection Bougainville, It appears to tell a story. What a complete collection (if such animal exists). I wish I could read all the placards you have by the different pieces. Beautiful. I think in one way or another we are all trying to tell a story with our collection.

Last edited: