What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little AC-130 action

Near the end, are they tightening down the HOW with wrenches to secure into a stowed position ?

It seems to be in a full upright position when they tighten it down. It would make sense to not have her loose either when making landings and take off. Just a guess.

Does anyone have any information about the AC 47, 119, 123 and 130 carrying CBU and ADUs? I found references for the 123 but not the others. While researching bomb data of SEA (Vietnam) the reports state that these were used on those aircraft but that is all. The 123 had the belly cut out for an ADU but that is all I can confirm.

Assume the CBU would be hung on pylons but again no confirming data

Found this re the 123:

Two rectangular aluminum weapons dispensers (for CBU bomblets) were stacked within the fuselage. Each container housed 12 cells, each cell containing three Cluster Bomb Units (CBUs). Depending on the type of CBU installed, the containers had a capacity of between 2,664 and 6,372 one pound bomblets. The bomblets were released through 12 openings in the cargo floor that aligned with the cells in the weapons dispenser. The lower fuselage contained 12 inward opening doors that aligned with the openings in the cargo floor, forming a chute. Bomblet release was controlled by a weapons panel in the forward section of the fuselage. In the event of an emergency, the entire load could be jettisoned manually.

Looking for more.

thanks Slick, I have pretty much the same info - the 123 is the only one I can confirm - hope you have better luck then I in finding something new