What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grenade i.d please

stu1976

found several of these but sure dummy,s... this one is 2 3rds complete and just the casing, but cant see plunger hole on the top, also has a brass flat blade screw poking out the side most odd !!

Attachments

• grenade.jpg
    grenade.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 107
found seven of the buggers the weekend, and not being certain i brought this one home, some of the others are complete but im sure missing the bottom bung, one half had a cylinder shape still inside ?? all in grey clay so can imagine condition..

You found seven unknown grenades buried in clay , some of which may be complete & brought one home . I would seriously suggest that was NOT a good idea . There are protocols concerning found ordnance & I suggest you are more careful in future .

weve established they are training grenades, i brought a casing home not a live grenade !!! and yes i know the protocol hence why everything was left as it was found while i made sure they were and are..

Hi Stu,

This is what a complete one looks like.

gibbon.jpg

To the best of my knowledge no Gibbons conversions had internals.

Regards

As you say Colin no internals the spring just flicked the lever off on throwing,,,,,, Dave

ive been back for a further look and yes they are all empty training grenades with the gibbons conversion, found another 4 aswell , thanks for all the replys

don't knacker the screws if you try to get them out, just lightly clean them as you will also take the coating off,,,,,,, Dave