What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

65mm recoilless ?

doesn;t look like any US recoilless I have ever seen, rotating bands should be pre engraved, but the 0 recoilless didn;t have engraved bans but the rounds did have good bands for sealing the hot gases

I have a 65mm recoilless with Hemispherical base and pre-engraved rotating band but no case. The projectile is rather crude in construction. The one that this guy is selling doesn't have a pre-engraved band, and even though it says recoilless it doesn't make sense.

Greetings Hazord,
Do you know the dimensions of the cartridge case for your 65mm RCL projectile? (even though you don't have one...)
Or perhaps have an image or drawing?
Thanks, Charley

Even the German recoilless ammunition had no pre engraved rotating band, but functioned very well, isn't it?

Charley777, all I have is the projectile. I have no idea about a case for it. Photo attached of the projectile standing next to two 75mm Recoilless casings. It doesn't have any type of crimping groove for a case to be attached.

Photo copyright HAZORD 2014

Attachments

• 65 Recoilless T1.jpg
    65 Recoilless T1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 30