What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goliath remote control tracked mine

About 13.800 Euros for a new complete one, 9,300 Euros for a used one, 7,700 Euros for a kit, 3.500 Euros for a track set.

13.800 Euro?? :hmmmm: I'd want a complete army of them for that much...

I think I'll give it a miss...

I'm not sure what those tracks are for but they are not for any version of the WWII German Goliath. I think some post-war commercial farm tractors have used similar track and might have also used the Goliath name.

goliath2.JPGGoliath%20track-2.jpg2007-akceXaXfotoX085.jpgGoliath03.jpg

The unmounted track in red primer is the standard track for the Sd Kfz 302 electric Goliath. Note the embossed stiffener resembling a letter K. These were made of stamped, folded and welded 16ga sheet steel. The track on the green example is the cast aluminum variation used on the 302 for a short period.

The two tan painted Goliaths are Sd Kfz 303 gasoline engine versions and use a simplified track that is not interchangeable with the track of the earlier electric model. They were also made of steel stampings but, instead of the raised ridge at the hinge points for traction, a simple grouser link was attached to the hinge tube on every other link.

Quite a lot of track varieties and changes for a device that was only made for a couple years.

Some pics of my latest buy.

I don't even collect tracks, or mines, but find these little guys fascinating.

Dave.

IMG_3224.jpgIMG_3225.jpgIMG_3226.jpgIMG_3227.jpg