What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this??? Incendiary fake?

could be an E 24 or E 31. both were experimental incendiaries (thermite). This one is in the best shape I have ever seen of these

Doesn't look like the body is magnesium,looks more like an alloy pipe with a brass fitting at the nose.Note at the tail,it usually blends up to the body diameter,this one the body seems to fit into the tail.
I'm not an expert on these but looks a bit 'put together'.
Possibly a training aid??.
Still ,at current price about average for a tail!

Last edited:
I've posted a possibly similar item a year or two ago, a training item made in the US by a youth group during the war. Mine is made of wood and painted to match.

How much???

310 currently, anyone bidding?

regards Kev

(not sure whats going on with this one, its now down to 285, it definately was 310 )

Last edited:
How much???

regards Kev

(not sure whats going on with this one, its now down to 285, it definately was 310 )

Could be a shill bidder bumping up the price but getting cold feet.

The nose part has the two holes like the regular AZ fuze, but so much about this puzzles me and doesn't look right/looks odd:
-The blatant date on it
-no other manufacturing marks
-the steel body - how would it burn?
-the odd nose 'fuze'

It's described as [h=3]Home Front/ Civil Defence[/h][h=3]Great Britain[/h]So looks like it is being sold as a training aid

How much???

regards Kev

Price has dropped even more now to just 82..can someone with an ebay account try to message the seller and ask if we can reproduce his images here on site ,i dont know wether its genuine,made up for ARP or home guard training ,the more i look at it the more the body reminds me of those rollers found on the roller conveyors

Well the fins did not belong to it as there burned so the original body's gone and some one has stuck the alloy bit on there and stamped 1940 very badly, would not touch it with a barge pole.

HPIM0012.jpg

Point taken Jeff but i just put them in there as i thought thy were used by the Luftwaffe also,,,,, Dave