What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War And Peace Show 2014

Had a great day at the show, the arena was quite condensed, managed to find the usual traders, a bit confusing with the layout but managed to sus it out. Met some members at Ben's stall Paul (waff) and Peter at long last (Sudelmuk) a pleasure to finally meet and chat in person after so long comunicating over the net. Found some nice goodies finds and some interesting one's as well.

Yes,was one helluva week. very busy at the stall.

Good to work with the Krazy Dutchmen again. Always good to see the regulars albeit once a year.,also met some members for the first time after years of trading with them!! anyone need to contact me for anything,you got my email via the PM system and i can pick up the mails via my i-phone.

waffy

Well, I'm meanwhile also back home from a five day-sortie to England ... very impressive and quite exhausting!

Made only a small haul: CIMG0862.jpg :tinysmile_angry_t: .... the 'rest' will arrive soon by post :bigsmile:.

But, as already mentioned, the most precious moments have been the first personal meetups with 'old' BOCN-pals after years of virtual communication ...
it was a great pleasure to meet Chris A., Dave S., Norman B., Tony L., Chris M., the whole C.-family and last not least my special friend Paul-James W. :tinysmile_twink_t:

I'm sorry for those I've missed or forgotten to mention.

My finds, Un usual 50/70 kg bomb fin, selection of mills and levers, 4 bomb fuses and a reproduction plug for my J Mine,,,,,,, Dave

HPIM0045.jpgHPIM0049.JPGHPIM0050.jpg HPIM0047.jpgHPIM0048.jpgHPIM0051.jpgHPIM0052.jpg

Dave, nice APDS rounds you have there. Are they wartime? Ans other Dave, nice fins, do you have a bomb to add it too?

what are the #3,4 in the bottom row of the second page which look like older rounds? #3 looks like a Crayford, #4 like a 11/2 pdr. Thanks. the Otter

what are the #3,4 in the bottom row of the second page which look like older rounds? #3 looks like a Crayford, #4 like a 11/2 pdr. Thanks. the Otter

Yes there's a Crayford there, it unscrews to reveal the cooper base with the two large vents and yes also the other is a 1.5 pounder. I do occasionally go for the older rounds if I get the opportunity.
Dave.

Thanks Kev, looks like i will bash out the recesses to fit one of my other bombs then,,,,, :banghead: Dave

RE GPMG links, Have you tried Drop zone in Pulborough Sussex? I know he had a large box of them.

Thanks, I did locate a large quantity (needed to be towed out of the mud though)

Cheers Ben for the FLAK 88 cases, I would have bought more but I could only carry two....I was in your tent when Bruce was filming for the next series of combat dealers, "OY put that grenade down" :crossedlips:
FLAK 88.jpg

Your Welcome, will have more at the Military Odyssey at the Detling show ground on 23-24-25 august, will have a nice display of INERT ordnance, hope to see many BOCN members, Coffee is always ready. regards Ben

Well it's all over for another year. The star of the traders' area was undoubtedly Ben (B1-B6). I managed to spend over 1000.00 at fjordhouse, and ended up enhancing my bomb fuze collection considerably. A very pleasing result. A few items got away, but there's always Detling in August. By the way I agree with Ben in having a fixed 'opening time' to give buyers equal chance to get those popular items.

T.